An introspective mixtape featuring ambient, IDM, and experimental electronic music from some of my favorites, including Aphex Twin, Burial, Four Tet, Jon Hopkins, & more…
For the second Phreak Power Podcast, Shantih recorded a mixtape featuring personal favorites by some of his most beloved producers. Over the course of an hour, Shantih explores a variety of styles on the softer end of the electronic spectrum.
“A Ninth Path” follows a parabolic structure. It begins patiently with a handful of downtempo songs from the early ’00s before building towards its peak around the midpoint with Jon Hopkins’ high-energy hit, “Open Eye Signal.” The second half is a smooth descent into ambient transcendence, with selections by Apparat, Nils Frahm, and Tim Hecker.
Intended for home-listening, this mixtape is the perfect soundtrack for an intimate late night.
- Four Tet – First Thing
- Aphex Twin – Ruglen Holon
- Radiohead – Kid A
- Trentemøller – Take Me Into Your Skin
- Burial, Four Tet, & Thom Yorke – Ego
- Luke Abbott – Holkham Drones
- Vessels – Glass Lake
- Sasha – Cassette Sessions E (Rival Consoles Remix)
- Jon Hopkins – Open Eye Signal
- DJ Koze – Bonfire
- Max Cooper – Waves
- Floex – Forget-Me-Not
- Tim Hecker – Without Borders
- Apparat – Wooden
- Phil France – The Swimmer
- Nils Frahm – Familiar